TEACHERS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms Of Service
1) To be taken on as a teacher by Hayto Home Music School (HHMS) you must provide an up-to-date enhanced DBS (within three years), C.V. and at least one reference. We will also conduct an interview.
2) By working with us you are agreeing to provide the best service and safe experience in which children can learn.
3) All Tutors must comply with the The Tutors’ Association Child Protection Policy, whether or not they are a member of The Tutors’ Association, and all relevant legislation and government guidance. The Policy can be found at this link: https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/1a668a6b-1c3c-4fdd-ad54-243a369a420a/downloads/1cksgq6k5_30316.pd
4) If a teacher has any concerns regarding a pupil they must contact us at HHMS immediately.
5) HHMS take no responsibility for the actions taken of teachers as a result of and during work/lessons provided by HHMS. By signing this form and working with HHMS teachers take sole and full responsibility for their behaviour and actions taken whilst carrying out work provided by HHMS. By signing this form teachers agree to all the terms and conditions in this form.
6) We highly recommend you acquire public liability insurance so you’re covered in the event of any accidents etc. You can compare schemes here: Public Liability Insurance . Or join ISM or the MU for extra benefits ISM .
7a) As teachers at HHMS are self-employed and not employees of HHMS, they are solely responsible for their own actions Negative or otherwise.
b) Tutors must be at least 18 years old.
c) Tutors must be legally entitled (possessing the relevant immigration status where relevant) to work in the UK on a self-employed basis.
d) Tutors may not arrange lesson changes directly with Students who are under 18. They must ensure that all arrangements are made directly with the parent or legal guardian of said student.
e) Tutors are responsible for ensuring that the personal information they provide to HHMS is accurate and in no way misleading. They must update this information promptly to maintain its accuracy.
f) Tutors must disclose any criminal convictions or cautions they may have to HHMS, including any criminal convictions or cautions received at any time after having registered a tutor account on the Website and for as long as the Tutor remains registered.
g) Any Tutor who, in HHMS’s opinion, fails to comply with these terms and conditions may be immediately barred from working with students provided via HHMS and related services. HHMS reserves the right to cancel any existing Bookings at any time in such circumstances.
h) Tutors are not permitted to share any information related to HHMS students with any third parties.
i) It is the teacher’s responsibility to inform us of any lesson changes. (Length, day, or time) immediately.
j) Teachers must reply to HHMS emails/correspondence as soon as possible. They must keep information to emails where possible.
k) Any extra pupils that come as a consequence of teaching pupils through HHMS also have to be taught through HHMS.
l) If a pupil is unwell but still considering the lessons, the parent must inform us, and it is at the teacher’s discretion whether they teach the pupil.
Cancelling and Rearranging Lessons (Online only now through teachers accounts)
8a) As of 4th October HHMS is integrating the TutorCruncher software to manage the administrative side of the school.
b) If you need to cancel a lesson you must only do so within your HHMS TC account. As you are cancelling you must select just ‘Cancelled’. Don’t select ‘Cancelled but Chargeable’ .Parents will be notified by email automatically. Lessons cannot be cancelled by texting or emailing a parent or HHMS.
c) After cancelling in the system text the parent/pupil if over 18 to inform them it’s cancelled.
d) Parents are also only permitted to cancel lessons through their HHMS accounts.
e) IF A PARENT CONTACTS A TEACHER TO CANCEL A LESSON THE TEACHER MUST REMIND THEM THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN CANCEL IS ONLINE THROUGH THEIR HHMS ACCOUNT. THEY CANNOT CANCEL BY TEXT, EMAIL OR VERBALLY. (Remind them: ‘ You have to cancel through the system, this is the only way’.)
f) Rearranging Lessons. If a parent wants to rearrange a lesson with at least 24 hours’ notice, it must be either within the same week or at the latest a double lesson on the next lesson date. Otherwise, it is considered a cancelled lesson. If a lesson is rearranged at the teacher’s discretion with less than 24 hours’ notice, the teacher will be paid in full even if the rearranged lesson is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance. It is at the teacher’s discretion as to whether they can find an available time a date.
9) Payments. Teachers don’t accept payments directly from parents. You’ll get paid via the school. Payments go out on Fridays for that week so in arrears for anyone teaching Monday to Thursday and in advance for Friday to Sunday. (Bear in mind you are still self-employed, so we invoice on your behalf.)
10) Tutors Fees are £20 per half hour, £30 for 45 mins and £40 for 1 hour.
11) Changes. It is the teachers responsibility to inform us of any lesson changes. (Length, day, or time) immediately.
12) Communication. Teachers must reply to HHMS emails/correspondence as soon as possible. They must keep information to emails where possible.
13) Any extra pupils that come as a consequence of teaching pupils through HHMS also have to be taught through HHMS.
14) If a pupil is unwell but still considering the lessons, the parent must inform us, and it is at the teacher’s discretion whether they teach the pupil.
15) Parking. It’s the parents/pupil’s responsibility to inform us of any parking restrictions and provide permits if needed. Teachers don’t pay. If there’s an issue, they are to contact HHMS.
16) If a teacher just doesn’t turn up at a lesson and doesn’t give any notice or let anyone know the teacher will have to pay a £5 HHMS admin fee.
17) If any books need to be bought it’s the parents’ responsibility to buy these. You can provide them or us with a link. If you have already bought a book let us know and we’ll reimburse you and invoice the parents for it.
18) If a teacher decides to leave, must notify us first at the school. These pupils stay with us at the school and we’ll find them a new teacher.
19) By agreeing to teach with us you accept all these terms and conditions.